I tried a new flavor this week and it is sure to please coffee and nut lovers!
Coffee Almond Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract (please don’t use the one with added corn syrup!)
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 2 Tbsp hot water and cooled
- 3 tsp pure almond extract
Toast the slivered almonds in a pan, tossing frequently. When they have reached the color you want (don’t burn them!), remove them from the pan – or they will continue to cook – and cool in the fridge.
Mix the cold coffee, vanilla and almond extracts with the condensed milk. I do this so I can taste and adjust the amount of coffee or almond in the mix. This is my favorite step – tasting!
With your hand mixer beat the cream to stiff peaks, then slowly add the condensed milk mixture, beating all the time.
Fold in the slivered almonds and pour the mixture into a freezer container (I line a plastic container with parchment paper but if you have a metal loaf pan you can just pour the mixture into the pan). Top with a piece of paper. Freeze for about 6 hours to overnight.